CODE OF CONDUCT
Last updated: November 5, 2020
Please read this code of conduct carefully before using any AVROD Services (including the online platform/app). We have drafted sections of this Code of Conduct document under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license, which have been changed for this document, so you can use specific sections from this document as you see fit.
All AVROD Service users (cumulatively known as “AVROD users”) are required to agree with the following code of conduct. AVROD representatives will enforce this code indefinitely. We are expecting cooperation from all users to help ensure a safe and productive environment for everybody. This Code of Code of Conduct is in addition to your obligation to comply with AVROD’s official Terms of Service.
For concerns regarding the Code of Conduct or any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DEED (THE SHORT VERSION)
AVROD is dedicated to providing a harassment-free platform and online space for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of AVROD users in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for the AVROD platform or any AVROD Services.
AVROD users violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the AVROD platform and Services at the discretion of AVROD representatives.
MORE DETAIL (FULL POLICY)
Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion; sexual images in public/virtual spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of any AVROD Services and/or affecting other users’ enjoyment of the Services; inappropriate contact (of any kind); and unwelcome sexual attention. Users asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all AVROD users and community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of the AVROD community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your fellow AVROD users. Alert AVROD at email@example.com if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this
- Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for the AVROD community.
- Showing empathy towards other AVROD community members.
- Enjoy the application as it has been intended, and refrain from diminishing others’ enjoyment.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
AVROD is a growing diverse community that welcomes and encourages online use from everyone ages 13 years old and above, as long as they are respectful and constructive while using our Services/platform. All AVROD activities should be inclusive and should support our diversity.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- You may not threaten or promote terrorism or violent extremism.
- You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ablest or otherwise discriminatory jokes, language, and/or images.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission.
- We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so. Private information should be kept private.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Disrupting or hacking or affecting the AVROD Services in any way.
- Sustained disruption of AVROD Services or events.
- Falsely posing as a child/youth if the real age of a user is over the age of 18 years old.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, but is not limited to, sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances.
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances.
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks.
- Public or private harassment.
- Threaten other users with violence.
- Use hateful, abusive, racist, misogynistic, pornographic, sexual, harassing, unlawful, libelous, violent, or obscene language, conduct, or content towards other users or in the app/platform.
- Post any material that infringes or violates any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or other proprietary or property right.
- Post any material, or act in a way, which promotes illegal activity, could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Use the site to upload to the service any software code, routine, or instructions that interfere with, or otherwise attempt to impair, the operation of the Service, any user’s enjoyment of the Service, or any user’s underlying code or hardware, including by: (a) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (b) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (c) attempting to collect personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (d) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any such network, equipment, or server.
- Use or attempt to use another person’s account.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the AVROD Services (website, platform, app, and so forth), or any servers or networks connected to the Services.
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Services (website, platform, application, and so forth).
- Impersonate another person or AVROD personnel.
- Use any robot, spambot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Service or to extract data.
- Decipher, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Service or the AVROD Software, or the software used to provide the Service or the AVROD Software, in whole or in part, or authorize, direct, or cause a third party to do so.
- Share with any minor/child any content or materials inappropriate for children, or allow any minor/child access to such materials or act in a predatory (sexual or otherwise) manner/conduct towards minors or other users.
- Systematically harvest data from the site, or programmatically register accounts on the site.
- Make use of our application for anything that may be deemed illegal, either in your own home country, internationally, or within Canada.
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior from any AVROD community member (user) will not be tolerated.
We expect AVROD users to follow this code of conduct on all channels of communication (including private messages) and platforms related to AVROD. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If an AVROD user engages in unacceptable behavior, AVROD representatives may take any action they deem appropriate: this could include giving a warning to the offending party, removing the offending party from any AVROD Services, and/or a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from any and all AVROD Services without warning.
You further agree that you are responsible for your actions in relation to the AVROD site and platform/app, and for any communications transmitted under your account; that you will comply with all laws relating to the transmission of technical data or software exported from Canada; and that you will comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including without limitation those related to privacy, data collection, and email creation and delivery.
If it appears you have violated any of these rules, we may, in our sole discretion, remove any offending material or immediately limit or terminate your account.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our platform and Services for everyone. We want you to be safe and happy while using our Services. People like you make AVROD a better online space to share, collaborate, and learn.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously. Reporting personally can be done directly to email@example.com.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sections of this Code of Conduct have been adapted from Creative Commons CC OPEN SOURCE CODE OF CONDUCT and Creative Commons Code of Conduct which are both registered under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licenses.https://summit.creativecommons.org/summit-code-of-conduct/
This document also draws on: